Monday, October 31, 2011

Taste of a Foodie

Ever since I went away to college, I've become increasingly interested in food.  It's almost an infatuation.  I am always watching food network, reading food blogs, trying new recipes, etc.  This got me thinking about how popular food blogs have become.

Blogs have gained viability and credibility, but the sharp rise in popularity of food blogs has to do with sense of community.  Who doesn't love talking about food?  Sharing recipes and creative ideas has given these "Floggers" (term coined by myself), a sense of pride.


With this increase in interest, competition increases dramatically.  Words alone are not cutting it.  Pictures and video are also accompanying these descriptive entries.  
some_text

So how does this correspond with small businesses?  Well, many of these credible and faithful "Floggers" are being asked by restaurants to come in and try their food (free of charge) and then write about it in their flog.  However, this type of behavior has been seen as unethical in the past. 

If a flog becomes popular enough, it could turn into a full time business for that individual.  How nifty is that? Being paid for what you've been doing free of charge? --Sign me up.

A list of my favorite Flogs:
1. CHOW
2. Annie's Eats
3. smitten kitchen
Hungry? Enjoy these Halloween finds, provided by some of my favorite Flogs! 

1 comment:

  1. Great HOOK used to get me to read this :) unfortunately I am waiting for lunch so I'm very hungry while reading this!

    ReplyDelete